Primary Goal of the Division of Observatory and Economic Studies
Ensuring the study of economic challenges that face the Jordanian economy and producing in depth analyses on the main economic issues that face policy makers in different aspects that coincide with the aims of the center on national and regional levels.
Main tasks of the Division:
1. Preparing scientific studies, research, and reports for different contemporary economic fields, in addition to:
- Observing economic phenomena, and analysing statistical indicators in order to measure economic performance and its future outlook locally, regionally, and globally, and producing in-depth analyses on the main economic issues in Jordan that face policy makers and affect Arab revolutions and economic shifts on the standard of living and entering stable economic growth.
- Preparing economic periodicals and making it available to those interested and involved in the public and private sector.
- Publishing economic information, data, and statistical indicator that are useful and specialized to Jordan.
2. Preparing the groundwork of the economic data and information for the researchers, including helping with the decision making process of an economic nature.
3. Strengthening communication and cooperation between the University of Jordan, the private sector, the public sector, economic research foundations, other universities, and cells of local, regional, and global thought.
4. Proposing to organize events like conferences, workshops, seminars and visits in economic fields.
5. Preparing strategy books in economic fields that relate to Jordanian and Arab issues that are included in the goals and interests of the center.
6. Spreading awareness of the Jordanian public’s opinion on important economic issues in the world that face the public, especially in the Arab world and Jordan.
7. Drawing research projects to the center that are linked to the program and that are possible locally or internationally financed, and proposing required projects and programs, financed research opportunities, and coordination with the management of finance and those concerned with it.
8. Publishing reports and books on different topics of interest to economics.
9. Contributing to the preparation of periodicals and annual reports on achievements of the center by preparing necessary reports and materials from the program.